A few things about my journal...
- I use my journal as a 'dress diary'! I create MERMAID TAILS so it's filled with progress pics of whatever tail and/or costume I'm currently working on. I will also work on MERMAID THEMED costumes as well, sometimes it's a mashup with another character, and sometimes I do regular 'human' costumes from comics, cartoons or movies but yea mostly it's mermaids. Finished costumes are open to the Public but progress is Friends List Only.
- I also use my journal as an art journal and if you guessed that my artwork is mostly all mermaid artwork, you've guessed correctly. I like to take Pop Culture characters from various genres (cartoons, comics, movies, tv, etc etc.) and turn them into mermaids! There is a lot of nostalgic characters over there. Finished artwork is open to the Public but progress is Friends List Only.
- I attend comic conventions and various events throughout the New England area (I live in MA, USA) and post pics of said events. Mostly it's to show off finished costumes and usually those are Public posts that anyone can see.
- I participate in Inktober! Artists all over the world take on the InkTober drawing challenge by doing one ink drawing a day for the whole entire month of October. It's was created in 2009 as a challenge to improve inking skills and develop positive drawing habits. It has since grown into a worldwide endeavor with thousands of artists taking on the challenge every year.
- I recently discovered MerMay, which is a lot like Inktober only instead of an inked piece every day, it's a mermaid art piece everyday and for the whole month of May. I missed it this year but plan on participated in 2017.
- I am an Island Dream Sketch Card contributer, which is a charity group that collects money for hospital's Family Assistance Fund, that helps families and children that are suffering severe hardship due to an unexpected illness and either social or economic deprivation. The funds go towards paying for such things as critical prescriptions for children, overnight lodging, clothing, and groceries when these items are sorely needed.
- I don't post my about my personal life unless it pertains to my artwork and my costumes. I generally try to keep my journal focused on art, costumes and anything mermaid related, like mermaid books! I love to read but mostly it's mermaid books. I'm currently reading Dark Tide from the Waterfire Saga Series by Jennifer Donnelly.
I do read people's journal on my down time but I won't comment unless I feel like I can contribute to the topic that has been written about.
OK sooooo I guess that covers it. Hope to meet new reader friends.
Much Mer-Love To All!