if you are unaware of what an RTA is, please click here: http://community.livejournal.com/teamilksugar/profile and it will tell you everything! here's the application under the cut if you think you want to join! please don't be put off by this application, we do not judge you, it just gives us an idea about you so we know if you definitely want to be in the RTA or not! unless you are rude and won't send email, you will get in. :) we are looking for someone who will be active, send "diary-like" entries, pictures, participate in activities and start threads!
Marmite RTA information & form.
hello. :) thank you for being interested in n my new RTA, Marmite. i have had many other RTAs, for almost 4 years that have become very successful and close. this is why i have decided to make Marmite :]
this covers what you need to know about marmite, a few rules and then a form. the form is simple and quick but i need you to send it me back as soon as possible so i know you definitely want to join. :] thanks!! <3
what's an RTA?
1. depending on the size of the RTA, it is usually over 10 people.
2. these 10 people email back and forth about anything they want.
3. everyone receives every email which is sent and replied, as they always reply via "reply to all" rather than "reply" - this gives the opportunity for anyone to join in and reply to what they are saying.
4. you send anything you want. diary entries are encouraged, anything you want to share, anything you'd write in a diary/journal/etc, share art, inspiration, gossip, friends, family, photographs, anything!
5. each RTA has the "owner". this person usually takes charge of the list, makes sure it is managed properly: removing people who stop replying/getting in touch with them to ask them what's going on, making sure everyone is using the correct list, sending out the correct list when someone has left or joined and sending out a "welcome/introduction" email when someone new joins.
6. each RTA has its own rules, whichever the owner & the group may consider. these are usually kept brief, though: be active, send email, do not start arguements, do not be rude, do not offend anyone, do not randomly add someone to the list, etc.
7. the RTA always has a name! the name always goes in the subject of any email you may send to the RTA. e.g "shy distress - i went to new york!"
8. there are many types of RTA's. you can have a specific genre - fan, reading, movies, picture or just plain random - which comes under anything so that the RTA is kept very broad and anyone can talk and send anything. these are generally the more active RTA's as the members get to send anything, however members in a genre RTA usually talk about things outside the genre in order to get to know each other!
9. in order to get members, the members usually goes through an application process. this is just so the RTA all get a group choice as to who they would want in the RTA and who they think would enjoy it. however, if you are just starting the RTA and need completely members - it is best to have a short application/survey and to make sure your members are aware of what an RTA is. perhaps tell them about how many emails they may receive, how much time they need and what are expected of them. when you have the RTA put together, decide when you are going to advertise: when someone leaves? when you all vote on if you should get someone new in? this is when the application process can change. it is much better to get all the RTA to vote on the application of the to-be-member, therefore everyone in the RTA gets a chance to be involved and know the person before they may be added.
what will happen after i send the form back to you?
as soon as everyone has sent me the form back, i will read it & make sure they want to join then i will send an email out to all of you "the welcome email." this will cover about marmite again and tell you all about introductions. please start making your introduction now so that when Marmite starts you have it ready to send out.
in your introduction i would like you to write about yourself, what you do, your life, where you live, your culture, friends, family, hobbies, interests, etc. this gives everyone the first chance to get to know you & is very important into getting to know everyone else. :) please make it decent-sized... the better detail and the more you have written, the better we can get to know you. include photos, quotes, anything you think shows who you are. please don't assume we all know about where you live. everyone will be from different countries, europe, USA, etc. talk about your culture, your school/education/job, etc. :)
please make sure you...
1) are using an email address that can handle you sending bulk mail. googlemail is the best for this, aol is the worst unless you are whitelisted. bulk mail is what email clients call when you send a lot of email and they think it is spam. you will be sending quite a lot of mail, more than usual, so make sure your email client won't think you're sending spam & spazz out!
2) please make you sure have the time! 10 emails a week aren't enough. i'm looking at getting around 100+ emails a week from the RTA, from everyone. so i'll be sending surveys, activities, things to get people talking. but i want you to want to talk. i want you to share things. use the rta like a diary! share everything (:
3) are not going to leave a couple of days after joining. it's very annoying =[.
4) won't be bitchy, rude, silent, etc. :) just, be nice!! :D
fill this out & send it me at firstname.lastname@example.org :]
what is an RTA & why do you want to join?: type
what will you send?: type
tell me about yourself in 6 sentences?: type
are you aware of how active the rta is & that we require a big, long weekly update on your life?: type
what email address are you going to use? (i strongly recommend gmail): type
have you started your introduction?: type