I just wrote out a really long post for another adding community that I didn't save and is now buried in the moderation queue. So, I'm going to do a brief version here.
- I'm 24, female, a grad school drop out who is just barely finishing her MA with her sanity intact, queer, engaged, an archaeologist, a world traveler, atheistic, anti-racist, anti-sexist, anti-ism in general.
- My interests include nature and anthropological photography, fiction writing, web design, home brewing, being something of a wine snob, retro video game collecting/playing and gradually working towards being an amateur MMA fighter.
- I'm in a difficult transitional period right now after having left 20 uninterrupted years of education.
- I once was super active on LJ then stopped and now just started up again with a brand new journal.
- I'm really only interested in slightly older friends who can relate somewhat to my experiences - namely folks who are at least out of college and on their own. In essence, 21 and up - I currently have friends on my list from ages 21-50+. However I am definitely open to intelligent younger people who have mature interests and interesting discussions on their LJs.
- If you do not consider yourself anti-racist and a LBGT ally, we shouldn't be friends. It's for the best. :) But, if it's all good, add me!