Location: I'mma fruuum da guureeetteesstt country in thuh wurld - Ah-muri-cah. FUCK YEAH. I guess - it's not so great, to be honest. *sigh*
Relationship Status: Single
Occupation: University Student
Children: 0 - Zip - Nada
Pets: 2 and both are obnoxious little creatures (cat & dog)
Siblings: a twin sister, three step siblings.
Interests: world history, languages, politics, world cultures, music, medicine, international relations and DOCTOR WHO
List 3 words to describe yourself:
1. Honest (in an intense way)
List 3 interesting/random things about you:
1. I'm a pretty honest person - sometimes it comes off as bitchy, but that's your problem and not mine (well, it is mine - but you took it that way when I probably didn't mean it).
2. Someday, I plan on moving out of this country and either to somewhere in Europe (preferably the U.K. or the Netherlands) or Canada (like, Ontario or British Columbia)
3. I'm extraordinarily afraid of touching other people's hair - like, if they leave it on the sink or something - it just grosses me out beyond belief (which, is bad, considering I work as a housekeeper in the summertime and therefore see a lot of hair)
List 3 things you look for in a friend:
1. Someone who is open minded
2. Someone who is funny (or at least has a good sense of humor)
3. Someone who can dish it back to me when I've gone to far
5 Favourite Bands/Artist/s:
1. The Stereophonics
2. The Manic Street Preachers
5. Kylie Minogue
5 Favourite Movies:
1. Pineapple Express
2. The Hangover
3. The Dark Knight
5. Capitalism: A Love Story
5 Favourite TV Shows:
1. DOCTOR WHO
3. Flipping Out
5. Khloe and Kourtney Take Miami
5 Favourite Books:
* just gonna list ONE because it's been ages since I've had the time to read - but, I read just about everything - especially history books, so don't think I'm some sort of "DUR, BOOK READIN' ISH FUR COMMIES AND HIPPIES, DURP DURP DUUUUUR." moron, kay?
1. American Gods / Neil Gaiman
Why do you think people would enjoy reading and commenting on your posts?
- I'm random, in a good way (I think). Sometimes I write about things that have happened in the day, sometimes I let myself have a bitch-fest and other times I just write about things that have struck my thoughts and left me with an urge to get it out through talking it out with people. Plus, I'm an American living in the Midwest (Iowa, to be exact - and no, I do not have an encyclopedic knowledge of corn.) - a very misunderstood, unrepresented and very much forgotten region within this great big huge country - you get the best of both worlds here and NOBODY seems to recognize that. The thing is, though - I'm pretty liberal and I'm one of those liberals who isn't afraid to call out the conservatives or fellow liberals when they are being shockingly moronic and I don't take to kindly to people being prejudiced in any way whatsoever.
Tell us about your life and what you want to do with it:
- Okay, well - my life is pretty boring.... for now. I'm heading off to University this fall so it's bound to get more interesting (especially since I'm going up to Mankato - which, is an hour from Minneapolis - the "Little Big Apple", so who knows what kind of shenanigans I'll get up to!!). While attending school, I'll be working to gain a dual major in both nursing and psychology so that I can continue on and earn my doctorate and work with those with issues with their mental health - a group that is very misunderstood and seriously lacking the resources to improve their lives. I'm also studying communication disorders - y'know, learning ASL (which, I'm very excited about!). I do a lot of work with politics - I've attended rallies in support for gay rights (just because I'm straight doesn't mean I can't go out and support my fellow Americans gain the BASIC HUMAN RIGHTS they are entitled to), universal health care, environmental reform and other random crap that I just felt like doing.
If you could swap lives with a person for a week, who would it be and why?
- I'd switch with the Queen - because there's never been a Queen Amanda and that would just rock some serious socks off (especially since I'm such a lover of the Brits - love love love 'em all!).
Make up your own question and answer it: Have you ever escaped ventured away from the U.S. of A?
- HAHA. YES. I HAVE. I've been to Canada (Vancouver, Edmonton and Quebec - I really fit in there, probably because I've got that Minnesota/Canadian accent), the U.K. (as a very, very small child - we went to Swansea and Edinburgh - not London, though) and Northern Ireland (again, as a very, very small child - we went to Belfast) - oh, and I guess Mexico but that was only for, like, an hour when we were in Texas.
I was supposed to go to Spain for a Spanish trip but I ended up having to forego it when I ran out of money and couldn't make the final payment - ended up going to Jackson Hole, Wyoming later that summer so it wasn't a total loss (plus, found out that it was friggin' hot over there while my class was in Barcelona and a bunch of people got sick so - in the end - it was a WIN).
PS - there are links to both my Twitter and Facebook accounts in my profile, if you'd rather follow there (I update more on both of those than LJ - but I do make sure to update LJ at least 4 times per week if I have the time and always try to respond~!)