A bit about me:
- I am 27 (I think - sometimes I lose track), female, short, fat, and happy.
- I am from north MN. I love it here.
- I am single with no kids, and one cat. Being a crazy cat lady is my backup plan if life doesn't work out.
- I enjoy the fact that I'm kinda weird, but I try not to be pretentious about it. (I like obscure music and have strange hobbies, so what!)
- Speaking of music - I LOVE music. I live in a town with a good local music scene and get out to see live music when I can. I see larger shows when I can afford them (from Broadway musicals to rock concerts).
- And speaking of strange hobbies I like to craft things with copper and beach glass. I also geocache. Those are the two uncommon ones.
- I am a novice photographer but really enjoy it; photos will pop in my journal from time to time.
- I'm also happily nerdy/geeky/dorky. That covers things like movies,books, and video games. I am queen of killing zombies.
- I'm introspective and mellow - it takes a lot to bother me.
- I use more parenthesis than Stephen King.
What I like (in journals):
- Discussions on philosophy and religion, as long as they are respectful.
- Reading about other people's interesting lives and problems.
- Artists - if you post original artwork (as long as it's not spammy) it makes me happy.
- Literacy - too much leetspeak, netspeak, spelling/grammar errors, etc makes me grumpy.
What I dislike (in journals):
- Kids. Sorry, but I'm kid-free by choice and I don't much like hearing about other peoples' kids.
- Fanfic. It's one thing if you write/enjoy it and post it somewhere else. But I don't really like it and don't want to see it on my friends list.
- Too much angst and drama-making. Having drama in your life is one thing but making it is another.
- Immaturity - I know it's relative, but what can I say? I expect a certain amount of non-idiocy.
- I'm not that picky, but I like people that have a bit in common with me.
What you'll find in my journal:
- Short narrative posts, like "this is what I did today, this is what's on my mind".
- Musings on the ethics of situations, usually about sex.
- Occasional photos (I've taken) that I want to share.
- Upcoming "events" include 'Philosophy Fridays', and 'Song of the Week'.
- Memes, only if someone on my friendslist posts one AND I find it interesting.
So...leave me a comment here, or a comment on my first journal post (most of my journal is friends-only, due to a creepy ex.) I'm waiting to hear from you!