Hello possible friends from the future!
I'm Milly. I'm twenty-two, although I look about seventeen, and I'm a student living in Portsmouth, UK studying Drama and Film Studies. I like to ramble on about my life, and the small things that make it a bit more fun.
Things I like, in handy bullet-point form.
- Acting. I don't do it as much now as I used to, but I love being on stage and the whole excitement of putting on a production. The last time I was on stage, it was performing part of Sarah Kane's 4:48 Psychosis.
- Spending time with friends - time which is generally spent drinking and dancing the night away, or sitting at home in slob clothes watching films/TV. I'm lucky in that I have quite a lot of friends, I like meeting new people and guess I'm pretty friendly.
- Going on adventures. I like to make every day a little more exciting. Going to the Sea Life Centre, random walks, even just taking a slightly different route home breaks me out of routine. I don't like routine.
- Writing. I copy edit and write for the University paper, as well as regular blogging for my own reviews blog and various other sites and publications. I'd love to get paid to do it one day.
- Obnoxious hair accessories. I love flowers and bows.
- Tattoos. I currently have six, including skull theatre masks with flowers, stars and bows on my upper left arm/shoulder.
- Music. Being eclectic, because sticking to one genre is boring. However, saying that, my 'main genre' is probably pop-punky 'emo' type stuff. Alkaline Trio are hands down my all-time favorite band and I have a long, epic love affair with them. I also like Rise Against, A Day To Remember, Emarosa, We Are The Ocean, Jimmy Eat World, New Found Glory, Fightstar, The Blackout, Kids in Glass Houses, The Ataris, Dead Poetic, Rammstien, Audioslave, Iron Maiden, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, McFly,The Saturdays, Devlin, Example, and as a throwback to the days of old, A1. A lot of my post titles are song lyrics. I'm all about live music and festivals (Download 05-10, Sonisphere 09/10, Reading 07/08).
- Films. Horror please. Preferably with gore. Or suspense thrillers.I prefer 'guy films' to 'chick flicks'. Except for Mean Girls and Just My Luck. I like foreign cinema, The Edukators being a film I LOVE. Repo! The Genetic Opera is my favourite film ever
- Supernatural. It borders on unhealthy obsession. The higlight of my weekend is actually a new episode. And despite masses of love for both of the boys, I'm a Sam girl...
- Buffy The Vampire Slayer. I'm a lover of all things Whedon, and Buffy was the show I grew up with.
- The Vampire Diaries, Bones, Glee. (it's such an awesome guilty pleasure), anything with Russell Howard or Charlie Brooker. I get geeky over TV a lot.
- Dean Koontz is an amazing author, I adore his books. When it comes to books, generally, thriller-y stuff tends to do it for me. But I also have a massive place in my heart for Harry Potter.
So yeah. If you have similar interests (or, what the hell, even if we seem to have nothing in common!), feel free to add me, as I'd like to meet new people! Just a tiiiny warning, sometimes I do get a bit sweary, and there's some adultish content at times, but I'm generally pretty nice. I think. I hope...