- 22 years old and living in Texas.
- ...with my girlfriend of over a year, who's a transplanted yankee.
- I believe good fresh-brewed iced tea is the best (non-alcoholic) drink out there.
- I'm a ENTJ/ENFP and a virgo/libra cusp. I never fit neatly into any kind of personality descriptor!
- ...except for "optimist." the best representation of me would probably be a field of kittens and pink sparkles.
- currently on break from school, but I'm a political science major.
- I took five years of French through high school and college and I miss it!
- I see people mention this a lot in friending communities, so: I'm non religious but I don't mind if you are! diversity is beautiful in everything including beliefs.
- ...likewise, all gender is beautiful! I get so sad when I see women hating the feminine. or anything on the spectrum. I'm really interested in gender and read a lot of discussions on the subject, too.
- I am completely awful at anything relating to housework or the domestic sphere. I cannot cook or clean and my ovaries remain unmoved when they see children (kittens and puppies are a different story).
- I have a tattoo of a panda embracing the world on my ankle, and Hello Kitty on my left breast. that second one's hopefully getting covered soon, ha.
- I'm a hardcore bleeding-heart liberal feminist lesbian. I'm vegetarian and interested in veganism.
- I absolutely respect (and in fact usually love learning about!) any identity, relationship, lifestyle, habit, whatever, unless it involves being appropriative or bigoted or ignorant.
- I have pretty much no boundaries, so you're always welcome to ask anything I haven't talked about.
tv: criminal minds, eli stone, law & order, merlin, psych, snapped!, the west wing, what not to wear.
movies: a little princess, a time to kill, but i'm a cheerleader, harry poter (of course!), high school musical, legally blonde, mean girls, mulan, saved!, talladega nights, were the world mine.
books/reading: most of my reading is online now, but I do still enjoy books: american savior, dispatches from the edge, harry potter, the stepsister scheme. sociology and political science textbooks. sociopolitical pieces such as letter from birmingham jail. feminist and/or queer-heavy blogs like autostraddle, effing dykes, fit for a femme.
music: adam lambert, blake lewis, carrie underwood, darren hayes, garth brooks, kanye west even though he's a misogynistic douchebag, rihanna, sam sparro, sarah mclachlan, vanessa hudgens, vienna teng.
what do I look like? this!
what you'll find in my lj:
- interesting things that happen to me during my day (like, say, the time I innocently posted a picture of shoes I wanted to sell, and instead got an insistent foot fetishist).
- political/social news and commentary.
- an assortment of pictures, internet finds, shopping posts, and tons of other things.
friend me if:
- we have things in common and you think we'll like each other!
- just please let me know in this post if you're going to add me.
- also, I'm on tumblr too.