My LJ went on a pretty long hiatus near the end of 2009, and I posted only a few entries in 2010, but one of my New Year's Resolutions was to pick up blogging again. So far it's been going pretty well, and I've posted fairly regularly. During my hiatus from LJ, though, many of the people on my flist either got a new journal, defriended me for inactivity, or left LJ altogether. And so now I'm here, looking for some people with similar interests who I can read and interact with.
Anyhow, here's a little bit about me:
- I work three jobs. I'm a full-time teacher in the two-year-old class at a daycare center; I work part-time in concessions at the local movie theatre; and I play the french horn in a local church's brass ensemble and orchestra. Since a lot of my life does involve work, I talk about it quite a bit.
- I'm single, and I therefore rarely talk about any sort of love life. I don't complain about being single, though, as I really am too busy to date.
- I am working on losing weight. I'm down 35lbs since I started, and I have about 80lbs left to go. I go to Zumba twice a week and I love it. I occasionally talk about my ups and downs with my weight loss journey, and would love to meet some people who are losing weight so that we can encourage each other and keep each other motivated. I know I need the help sometimes.
- I'm a writer, and I write fanfiction. I post my fic in a creatives community and then post a link to it in my personal journal. I also write original fic and poetry, but I very rarely post any of my completely original work.
- I also make icons/graphics/wallpapers, knit, and draw. I am also into photography. I post my graphics and icons--again, in my creatives community and then with a link in my personal journal.
- I'm big into fandom! My current fandoms are CSI, Merlin, NCIS, and Harry Potter. I love many other fandoms but I don't have the time to participate in all of them or keep up with all of the television shows I love. I am a slasher, but I'm not anti-het. I do ship nearly as many het couples as I do slash and femslash couples.
- I'm a Hanson fan. ♥
Check out my userinfo for more, and feel free to friend me! I'll add you back :)
cross-posted to adding_friends