- I love books. I like them in all shapes and sizes, no matter which genre, age, language and origin. (Although I do have a weak spot for 18th/19th century English classics.) When I grow up, I'm going to have a house full of books. Go here for books I'm currently reading.
- My greatest fear are mummies, many thanks to a German children's cartoon that traumatized me forever. I wanted to be an archaeologist when I was a kid, but even the remote possibility I could stumble over a mummy (hey, I was six) made me give up that dream.
- I think pink and green really are a great combination.
- Everything South-East European will get my immediate attention. In fact, I completed a four week internship at a theatre in Romania; I'm also going to study in Budapest for half a year starting this September.
- I do the occasional post on my depression and social anxiety. Deal with it.
- Knitting is my passion. (I'd also like to have a cat.) I sew as well, although rather amateurishly.
- I'm a baby historian. I have my nerd moments, especially when it comes to the Houses of Hohenstaufen and Habsburg or women in history (Olympias, Theophanu, Constance of Sicily, Báthory Erzsébet, Maria Theresia ...). I usually prefer a more hands-on approach to history, though - I really like doing culture and youth work.
- Mad Men is awesome.
I'm looking forward to meeting new LJ friends here! :)