A bit about me:
- I am 28 (I think - sometimes I lose track), female, short, fat, and happy.
- I am from north MN. I love it here.
- I am single with no kids, and one cat. Being a crazy cat lady is my backup plan if life doesn't work out.
- I love live music, copperworking, camping, point-and-shoot photography, road trips, computer gaming, cider brewing, and other random things.
- I'm happily nerdy/geeky/dorky. That covers things like movies,books, and video games.
- I'm introspective and mellow - it takes a lot to bother me.
- I do, however, reserve the right to be cynical, judgmental, or sardonic. This is called being human. One of my biggest pet peeves is people who say they do not like judgmental people.
- I use more parenthesis than Stephen King.
What I like (in journals):
- Discussions on philosophy and religion, as long as they are respectful.
- Reading about other people's interesting lives and problems. (Even if you don't find yourself interesting, I may).
- Artists - if you post original artwork (as long as it's not spammy) it makes me happy.
- Literacy - too much leetspeak, netspeak, spelling/grammar errors, etc. makes me grumpy.
What I dislike (in journals):
- Kids. Sorry, but I'm kid-free by choice and I don't much like hearing about other peoples' kids.
- Fanfic. It's one thing if you write/enjoy it and post it somewhere else. But I don't really like it and don't want to see it on my friends list.
- Fangirling/fanboying (is there a non-gender-specific word for being a rabid fan?) over certain people, movies, actors, or whatever, if it takes up more than 50% of your journal posts.
- Too much angst and drama-making. Having drama in your life is one thing but making it is another.
- Posting huge photos/pictures, especially when they're not cut.
- Immaturity - I know it's relative, but what can I say? I expect a certain amount of non-idiocy.
- I'm not that picky, but I like people that have a bit in common with me. That usually translates into "have lived at least a quarter-century and appreciate geeky pastimes".
What you'll find in my journal:
- Short narrative posts, like "this is what I did today, this is what's on my mind". These probably make up 90% of my posts, and I do NOT promise my life is entertaining.
- Musings on the ethics of situations, usually about sex (though not nearly as often as I'd like).
- Occasional photos (I've taken) that I want to share.
- Memes, only if someone on my friendslist posts one AND I find it interesting.
My journal isn't all that interesting - I'm not looking for people who want to comment on every entry or anything (though I admit I really love when people comment on what I write!) I'm more looking for people who have interesting journals that can be my window into someone else's life. So...leave me a comment here, or a comment on my first journal post (most of my journal is friends-only.) I'm waiting to hear from you!