A little about me
- My name is Chelsea, and I'm 24.
- I live in NYC and I would like to live here for the rest of my life
- I graduated a couple of years ago from Vassar College (English/Psychology BA) but am doing a pre-MD/PhD post-bac at Queens College.
- I'll be taking the MCAT soon and applying to MD/PhD programs in June.
- I really love being in school and am a major science nerd.
- I'm a bit of a cat lady; I live with my best friend from middle school and her three kitties.
- I don't have a lot of time to cook, but I love it when I get the chance. The last thing I made was broccoli cheddar potato soup and it was delicious. Otherwise, I eat a lot of pasta and frozen things from Trader Joe's.
- I like television better than movies. Some current favorites are Dexter, Grey's Anatomy, older episodes of CSI, and How I Met Your Mother.
- I listen to a pretty wide variety of music, just no country or general pop music, though today's hits are my guilty pleasures
- I'm also into photography (especially film), reading for pleasure (if I have the time), and just generally being nerdy.
- Oh and tea. I love tea. I estimate that I have three cups a day (about a thousand cups a year!)
What my journal is like
- I will admit, I will disappear during midterms and finals. But I always come back.
- I write about day to day experiences, interesting things that happened to me or that I saw while I was out.
- I tend to go on science or television-related tangents but they're always interesting I promise!
- Intermittent photo posts... I try to throw them in kind of frequently to spice things up.
- I guess I also do a lot of figuring myself out, but nothing is ever "woe is me" or whatever.
- Parentheticals. Parentheses are the most beautiful punctuation marks.
What I'd like in an LJ friend
- People who are 21 or older, female preferred but I'm not so picky.
- I'd prefer people who are not married and have no children. I don't have any kids, I'm not sure if I will ever have kids, and while I have some wonderful LJ friends with kids, I'm looking to expand to people who have lives more similar to mine... kid-free!
- Please be literate. Know how to cross your t's and dot your i's. Though I suppose that's a figurative statement since we're all typing on computers and smartphones.
- I'm not looking for internet drama. I'm not in high school anymore, and don't need to be a part of digital rumor mongering.
- Similar interests.