My name is Lyle and I live in Clovis, California. It's located in the central portion of California. I am 25 years old, I graduated this past summer with my Master of Science in Special Education and my Master of Arts in Teaching. My graduation commencement ceremony was held at the San Diego Convention Center and that was one day I will never forget. I was really busy during this time so I forgot to keep updated with things I used to do when I had a life. I work full-time as a Substitute Teacher for 15 different school districts in my county so that I can work everyday of the week. I am also a Teacher-Tutor in the afternoon for an academic enrichment program during the weekdays where I primiarily teach language arts to low performing students. My days during the week are extremely busy, but I have to be honest and say that making great money feels really good especially when it's in an area you enjoy. When I am not working I am helping my Mom to take care of my Great Aunt who lives with her and has Alzheimers. That is a chore in itself because she is in the stage of accusing others of stealing her money, stamps, clothes, and whatever else that you can think of. I also help my sister out weekly by watching my nephew (Who I adore immensley) while she works on the weekends. I am always asked, "When do you get your own time?" My thoughts are that in this day in age it's important to be adaptable and flexible when dealing with work and family members. We all have obligations don't we? Anyway, if you have ever seen the movie "Family Stone" that would be summarize how a majority of my family members are.
On a more interesting note, I really enoy listening to music and especially any kind from the 80s. It just has a certain beat that speaks out to me more than any other genre out there. When I watch tv I enjoy shows such as CSI, Criminal Minds, Survivor, Sons of Anarchy, Judge Judy, King of the Hill, Family Guy, Ghost Adventures, and probably anything else along those lines. I have had this livejournal account since my Freshmen year of high school back in 2001. I was very active in the beginning until about 2005 when I began my adult duties of college, work, and paying bills. I always enjoyed having this journal so I thought I would start over and see what people are like on here now. I would like to make new friends and develop connections in a realistic way. I like to know how peoples days are going, what they are thinking about, what their hopes are for the future, and I am very visual so I appreciate knowing what my friends look like. I guess since I am an adult I want to feel like this is something that could be a real friendship and not feel like I am talking to a person covered by a anime/cartoon character the whole time.
Interesting/fun facts about me:
1) I got my first Iphone two weeks ago.
2) I am 25% Native American and am a member of a local tribe.
3) I have never been to the Midwest or East Coast.
3) I am the first Democrat and non-Protestant in my family (I'm Catholic)
4) I'm the first male to fully complete college in my family.
5) I'm one of those that takes their shopping cart back to the appropriately place even if it's far away.
6) I never drive above or below the speed limit, always signal, and follow road rules.
7) I have a secret like for Cantonese music.
8) I purchased my first flat screen tv this year (I always had one that people refer to as dinosaur backs)
9) I don't like to wear jeans or sweatshirts that have hoods.
10) I don't drink alcohol.
11) I'll remember everything anyone tells me about themselves even if I don't see them for years.
If you feel we could be "real" friends that have a genuine desire to know what is going on in their lives then please feel free to add me. I do plan to be active in my journal and will be consistent in providing responses to your posts. Have a nice day!