1. Going by most of the other posts here, I am really old - going to be 50 in a couple of months, but please don't let that put you off. I typically don't relate to people my age at all - typical Gen-Xer I guess. My husband is 20 years younger than me and most of my friends are in their late 20s-30s. I don't actually know anyone my own age, other than work colleagues, and they're all "settled" and stuff, you know, own their own houses, have kids etc. I still rent, and don't have kids, so other people my age are sort foreign to me. I am Canadian, my husband is British, with Cdn citizenship.
2. I actually am based on Dreamwidth, and crosspost to LJ. However, I mostly hang out on LJ, because I know only a couple of people who post exclusively on Dreamwidth. I redomiciled to Dreamwidth because of LJ's too frequent DoS attacks - got too annoyed not being able to post stuff when I wanted to, so that's no longer an issue.
3. I would say 99% of my entries are friends only, so if you go looking at my journal to get a sense of what I write about, you'll be sorely disappointed.
4. I mostly write about day-to-day stuff, so it's pretty dull. You have been warned. I write about work, which I love, but I have a very specialized job and most people don't really understand what I do. I'm a Table Research Clerk. I work for Canadian provincial legislative assembly (parliament) doing procedural research for the Speaker and other table officers. Meaning I research and write about parliamentary conventions and rules and precedents. And it fascinates me. I have an external blog on my own website where I try to explain this stuff in simpler terms to people. You can check that out if you want. I also write about my husband, who has Aspergers and related things (anxiety, depression, etc.) and our experiences with that. And I write about the usual oddities and annoyances that occur in life.
5. I like politics, but mostly Canadian, UK, Aussie and NZ. The US has just gotten too weird for me. I also read a lot (most SF and police procedurals), and some of my favourite TV shows are programs such as Borgen, Forbrydelsen, The Bridge, CSI (esp. NY), Body of Proof, Big Bang Theory, Bones, Castle, Hawaii 5-O, Ripper Street, Downton Abbey, the various UK comedy quiz panel shows such as HIGNFY, Mock the Week, etc. I watch lots of UK stuff - probably more UK stuff than North American programs. I'm an atheist. I don't care if you're not, but if you keep thanking god(s) for everything,that's going to get annoying. I love Twitter, hate Facebook. Tea, not coffee.
6. I update my journal if not daily then at least 3-4 times a week. If I'm really busy at work, I will update less frequently as I mostly update from work. I check LJ several times a day even if I don't update, so read my friends page regularly. I don't always comment, but I read everything.
So if anyone's interested in adding me, please do. You can either comment here or send me a direct message. I don't get email notifications about replies and such (well I do, but can no longer access the email account they go to and just can't be bothered to change the email address associated with this account because I'm lazy).