I'm a weird 27-year-old bisexual (kinda still questioning) trans*guy, a dual citizen of Germany/Poland and a student of bioinformatics with an emphasis on genome research, and – surprise – here to find some friends.
I had some sad experiences when trying to make friends, so I got very picky and maybe even demanding. I promise you don't have to sign anything official when friending me.
Random facts about me:
- A huge fan of Scandinavian countries. I'm also in a long distance relationship with a Finn. This is a pure coincidence. I hate summer.
- I'm a student of bioinformatics, but I'm trying to get into medicine. Yes, I'm a big dreamer!
- I suffer from mental health issues like depression and (social) anxiety. I'm not a happy-go-lucky person, most of my entries are written when I'm kinda down or overthinking stuff (and I do that a lot), so be aware of that. I have some Asperger's syndrome traits as well (for example, I don't get 'well wishes' like 'Everything will be fine') and sometimes my thought are rather bouncy or/and hard to follow. I'm in therapy and I write about it. If you have a hard time dealing with depressed people, please - pretty please - think twice before adding me.
- Bad with taking advices. Especially when they start with "Just do..." and end with "You didn't even try!".
- I like (computer) games, mostly MMOs and RPGs, but also simulation and strategy games like Sim City, Transport Tycoon, Civilization, Final Fantasy Tactics, League of Legends and others. I used to play a lot of pen and paper RPGs in the past (AD&D, Das Schwarze Auge which could be known to German speaking members here), but I can't find a group which fits me.
- Although I don't have money or timeI enjoy reading and watching TV/series/movies. I prefer science books, fantasy, sci-fi, mangas, classics and some others. My last book was "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" by R. Skloot. I love superhero movies like The Avengers or Batman; House, Criminal Minds and NCIS; Battlestar Galactica or Star Trek. I'm also a huge Alan Rickman fan and like many other people I enjoy music - mostly metal, electro and classical music.
- I used to draw and I intend to do it again in near future.
- I'm a bad and boring entertainer and I have the tendency for long and unnecessary sentences, even paragraphs. I have no shame.
- Agnostic, pro-choice, pro-stem cell research. Not always politically correct.
- I'm super curious, but shy. I don't mind personal questions. It's an anonymous journal. I can be brutally honest too.
- For more info, check the interests on my profile, but I think I got most of it covered.
What I'm not interested in/stuff that annoys me/what I can't handle/my flaws (aka the part where I scare everyone who made it until here off):
- YouTube video and picture spammers. I'm fine with embedded videos once in a while (once a week, preferably behind a cut, especially when people actually TALK about the picturs/videos) or regular pictures of your dogs and cats, np, but I noticed that I skip entries which overuse pictures/gifs emphasizing moods/opinions or videos.
- FanFics. Once in a while only. I rarely read them.
- Pro-life anti-stem cell research everything-is-alright-as-it-is Christians.
- I have a difficult relationship with the word "feminism".
- Sometimes I judge and I know this tells more about me than you. Should I ever hurt you with my thoughtlessness -> hit me.
TL;DR version: 27. DE/PL FtM. Undecided student with difficult personality and lots of mental health issues. 0.5-3 entries/week poster, varies. Looking for friends?