I first posted here some months ago and met some wonderful people. Since then I've been lurking and occasionally commenting, but I've finally decided to give posting another go. Although the majority of my journal is public, I am a little bit fussy about who I add because I like to get to know my flist and comment regularly on their entries; I don't add people willy-nilly, I prefer to have something in common.
- I am 26-years-old and live in the South of England (originally from Cambridgeshire, East Anglia) with my boyfriend, who I met via LJ, and my pets: two mice and a frog! My boyfriend also owns two horses.
- I adore history (specifically medieval and earlier - Celts, Vikings, Picts, Anglo-Saxons, Romano-British etc.) and love to visit ancient buildings, monuments and pathways. I also collect old books.
- I am a major horse freak. If you don't like horses, my journal may not be for you! I have been riding for 20 years and working with Shire Horses for 10 years. I've had my own pony for 15 years after rescuing her from slaughter, although she's still living in Cambridgeshire with my parents at the moment. :(
- I don't watch much TV and I don't do fandom, but I do have a soft spot for Doctor Who and Sherlock.
- I love reading and writing. I'm an aspiring novelist, and have three works-in-progress at the moment; all in the fantasy genre.
- I'm a metalhead, but not the narrow-minded, hate-filled, bigoted sort. :P I have a fairly eclectic taste in music. My LastFM account is here.
- I like to do photo posts on a regular basis, but when posting more than one image I will always stick them beneath a cut! I try to avoid photo dumps, too.
Who I'm looking for:
- people whose journals are generally upbeat. We all have bad days - myself included - but if you only post about how much your life sucks, then I'm afraid I will run out of things to say to you very quickly.
- people who write plainly; not those who litter all their entries with funky text, colours or gifs. That makes me sound like a grouch ... I just find it distracting. :P
- people who share photos. I'm eternally curious and love to see the world through other's eyes.
Please comment here before adding me, as I will not return random adds. Tell me a bit about yourself!