My name is Cat and I'm 27 (as the title implies, I'm Aussie but I also have a Chilean background).
After a very lengthy break from LJ, I've now returned and noticed that many on my friends list have gone MIA or are busy doing things IRL.
Am looking for like-minded peeps :)
- Movies. Film is my main passion. I've dabbled in studying cinematography here and there. I love a good discussion about this medium, and I'll watch anything because you can learn a lot, even from genres that you dislike. I even have a Facebook page dedicated to it (Movie Kitty), and occasionally write reviews on WordPress - feel free to add me on those mediums too!
- TV: (D'uh!) I enjoy New Girl, 2 Broke Girls, True Blood, Girls, Mad Men, Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Star Trek (Voyager, NG, and DS9), Secret Diary of a Call Girl, Arrow, Revenge, Once Upon a Time, Brooklyn 99, Saturday Night Live, X-Files... etc.
- Reading: Mostly young adult sci-fi/fantasy stuff cause it's easily digestible. But I enjoy a good memoir. Classic literature. Or if I'm desperate, the dust covered book at the forgotten corner of the bookshelf (Ha!)
- Tolerance of other races and beliefs.
- Constant negativity. Yeah, people have bad days. But I'm not looking for a perpetual Eeyore outlook on life. We've all been through shit and I like to see the positive. Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy all the time either, but I won't be dragged down into unnecessary drama.
- The inability to accept the choices of others, whether that be their religious, intellectual, gender identification (etc) decisions or life paths that they take. I personally identify as BI, so if you can't handle that then you should probably mosey on by. And although raised as Catholic, I consider myself agnostic. And I don't need someone Bible bashing my choices.
Add me, or hit me up here if you have any questions.
Merry Christmas from down under, Cat xx