1. I am 29 years old.
2. I live in Colorado, which is pretty awesome, except for when it's cold, and then I want to move.
3. I spent a few years living in the mountains, which was one of the most incredible experiences of my life. These days I make my home down on the flatlands, but close enough to the mountains to disappear into them every so often.
4. I just left a 9-year relationship, and it's funny -- you'd think I'd be sad, but I'm actually having the time of my life. It's so fun, rediscovering who I am by myself.
5. I swear like a sailor.
6. I am intrinsically creative, and I like to spend my time writing music, playing music, taking photos, blogging, or working on the novel that I keep promising myself I'm going to finish someday.
7. I was in a band for a while, and we recorded an album, which was one of the highlights of my life.
8. I play the trombone and the guitar, and I love to sing.
9. I used to be the kind of person who would disappear into the woods for days at a time, barefoot and tripping on acid. I've settled down quite a bit these days, but I still look back on those times fondly.
10. I recently moved back into my parents' house after first getting flooded out in the crazy Colorado flooding in September, then breaking up with my ex in October. Being nearly thirty and living with your parents is...surreal. They're lovely people, but it's starting to eat away at my soul a little bit, and I hope to have my own place in March.
11. I work at a finance office, doing loan processing, which is not at all interesting, so I probably won't write about it much.
12. I have a strange sense of humor.
13. If I could meet one person, living or dead, it would be John Lennon.
14. I wish I had come of age in the sixties, so that I would have been able to witness all the greatest musical acts.
15. I am a Buffy the Vampire Slayer junkie. I even have a t-shirt. Yes, it's that bad.
16. Wine is my favorite thing to drink, and I know a lot about it.
17. When people first meet me, they always think I am innocent and wholesome and naive. I am precisely none of these things, but I think it's funny.
18. It's six o'clock and time to leave work, so...add me. :-)