My name is Tabitha, but I answer to Tabi, Tabykat, Moo Juice, Moo, Tabs, whatever.
A few things about me:
- I'm 38.
- I have a dog - a miniature black and tan Dachshund called Emily, she's 3. I occasionally refer to her as "Barky McBarkington," because she IS a barker. I also have a cat - a red tabby Maine Coon called Patrick, he's 2. I refer to him as "Sir Bitchypants," because he LOVES to complain. Loudly. At great length.
- Christian, but it's okay if you're not. I don't believe in forcing my beliefs down someone else's throat. I believe we can respect each other enough not to go THERE. :)
- Avid reader, my favourite genres are non-sparkly vampires, stuff that makes me think, nonfiction books (I love history), and the occasional horror. I also get a kick out of the occasional sci-fi book.
- I'm dating my HS sweetheart. We dated in HS, were forced to break up and lost touch for many years. We just got back in touch about 5 (or thereabouts) years ago through Facebook, and got back together in December of 2012. :) I don't call him by his real name for privacy reasons (too many stupid people out there like to cause drama!), so I call him Gimli b/c he's got a full beard and is quite hairy. LOL
- Living in Ohio, but not FROM Ohio. Originally from Idaho but have bounced around all over the US. I've lived in Idaho (where I was born), California (where my brothers are from), Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Tennessee, Indiana, Wisconsin, Colorado, Alabama, and Missouri. Planning to move to Washington in the next 2-3 years. :)
- I have three brothers and I am the only girl. By order of birth, I guess you could say technically I'm the "middle" child, as my two older brothers were twins and then there's me, and then my youngest brother. I am the "middle" child of my father's children, the oldest of my mother's. :) If that one confuses ya, my older brothers were my father's from a previous marriage, and then he met my Mom and they had me and my youngest brother.
- I've been married twice.
- I have mental health troubles - OCD, Anxiety, PTSD, TTM.
- My favourite series are Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark-Hunters series, JRR Tolkien's Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit, CS Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia series, and Adrian Phoenix's Maker's Song series. Oh, and Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide series. I need to re-read those, actually. :) I will read almost anything, though. :) My books are pretty varied in topic.
- Music taste is pretty ecclectic, but I don't like bluegrass. No.
- Studying to be a Chaplain. Currently going to Online Bible College, but hoping to go to school in Washington for psychology to get my BA, and then work my way into Seminary to get my Masters in Divinity so I can become a full Chaplain one day.
- I like football, basketball, soccer, hockey, and WWE.
- I believe in the paranormal.
- I grew up in a cult, and broke away when I was in my early 30s.
- I collect angels, butterflies, vampires (NOT sparkly ones! WTF, STEPHENIE MEYER!!! WTF!), snowmen, and leaves.
- I do swear. A LOT. So if that bothers you, I don't think we'd be a good match-up.
What I am looking for:
- posts fairly regularly. I'm not a comment whore, but I do appreciate comments to at least let me know my stuff is being read and people do care. :)
- decent command of the English language
- uses proper grammar and punctuation
- doesn't TyPe LiKe ThIs
- does not talk lyk dis all da tym. It's painful to read.
- PLEASE don't just be about your fanfic. I don't read fanfic and I'd appreciate not having someone who is solely about it. :) I don't think we'd make a good match-up. :)
- Again, I don't care about religion, as long as we can agree to disagree.
- I do not want homophobes, mysoginistic types, egomaniacs, or chauvanistics. I don't want any man-haters/woman-haters, that sort of thing. I also do not want racists. I don't like seeing it, I don't like hearing about it. I get it that it goes on, but I don't want it anywhere where I have to endure reading about it in what should be a fun blanket at the cyber beach. ;)
If you think we'd be a good match-up, by all means, add me! :D