I tend to look for magic and enchantment in everyday situations. I am a simple kind of guy. My head is in the clouds, but my feet are on the ground. 'Success' does not impress me. Money does not impress me. Kindness does. Wonderful landscapes do. Music moves me.
- My emotions are intense. In other words, I feel too much, I care too much. Whether this is a positive or negative, I'll let others decide.
- I am fascinated by people, human emotions and the mind. I like to get into people's heads, find out what makes them tick. I love getting different takes and opinions on a variety of subjects. I am often told I should have studied psychology and this is probably true.
- I like to know where I stand.
- I am curious, constantly. I want to know how you're feeling, why, and what makes you the way you are.
- I want to know why things are they way they are. People, politics, life.
- I have a random memory.
- I love music. I watch a lot of movies.
- I hate being frustrated or undecided.
- I hate mind games. I like it when people are straight up with me.
- I am not a patient person, but I'm working on it.
- I am now, and pretty much will always be, a work in progress.
- I generally enjoy change.
- I am loyal to the core. If you trust me with a secret, it will be kept. I don't feel the need to share people's business.
- I like to get what I give - as in, if I put a lot of effort and time into a friendship or relationship, I like to receive the same level of intensity. Being standoffish if I'm trying to communicate with you is a sure-fire way to lose my interest.
- I wear my heart on my sleeve - sometimes way too much. But I am incapable of hiding what I'm feeling and "playing it cool". There are a lot of things in my DNA but being mysterious is not one of them.
- I don't like to feel vulnerable. Unfortunately, the aforementioned point means I find myself in that position more than I'd like. I sometimes find myself knowing I should be guarded, and failing anyway. But then, I've been let down a lot, same as anyone else.
- I am a former educator by profession, and have admired those in education ever since I was a little boy. My favourite person outside my family as I was growing up was my grade 1 teacher.
- I am a science communicator on the side and have also presented a TED talk.
Take the time to know me, and I'll take the time to know you. The friends I've already made, I cherish and love. Those people who are 'fair weather friends' who drop friends as often as they change socks and don't truly make the effort, feel free to skip this entry.
If that has sparked your interest, drop me a line.
It can't rain all the time.'
- Eric Draven, The Crow
It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.
- Gautama Buddha