Relationship Status: Married as of 10/10/14
Children: We are actively TTC so if you don't want to read about that sometimes, don't add me. It's a big part of my life right now.
Pets: Three dogs and a snake
INTERESTS & HOBBIES:
Flea market and thrift shopping
Hanging with my dogs
A little bit about me:
* I'm in school full time for my BSN and graduate in May. When I finish my BSN I plan to go to Frontier for their combined Family Practice, Womens Health and Midwifery program. I have a Biology minor and recently got inducted in the the Tribeta Bilogical Honor Society. I also got inducted into Alpha Chi, an honor society for the top 10% of students. And I got inducted into Sigma Theta Tau, an honor society for nursing. I am president of my schools student nursing association and I'm on the diversity committee.
* My husband and I own a fixer upper house that we are slowly making a home.
* I am passionate about social justice. I am an activist for feminist issues.
* I am extremely liberal except when it comes to gun control. I have a concealed carry permit, own several weapons, and am a very responsible gun owner.
* I currently have two jobs as a private nurse for two different clients. This is on top of going to school full time.
* I volunteer as a coach for the Special Olympics. I LOVE it.
* I'm a shameless parrothead.I never miss a show and usually go to both Indy and Cincinnati every year!
* I am a secular humanist. So, basically an atheist when it comes to belief in any deities. But I am very accepting of everyone's religious choices provided you respect mine.
* I love to take pictures even though I'm not great at it. I often post picture updates.
* I am working on a sleeve/back piece.
* I love science.
What I post about:
I am really social and have a lot of friends, so I post a lot about that. I am also really getting in to TTC so there will be a lot about that. I write about school. Being married. My day to day life. I post lots of photos even though I'm not great at taking photos. And of course I write about all the stuff I mentioned above.
What I am looking for:
Active friends that post and comment. I want to form relationships with people. I want people that I have stuff in common with. I would really love to meet people at the same place in their lives as I am, or people that have been there/done that and can be good sources of support, role models, etc. Those aren't requirements though.
What I am not looking for:
People that only post memes or twitter feeds. People that post mostly about various disorders and illnesses. I apologize if that makes me seem insensitive, but I just don't think we would have much in common. People who are in very different stages of life. People that are rabidly childfree. I don't mind if you don't want kids but if you hate kids we won't be a good match. Anyone that is very conservative. People that are very religious.
If you'd like to add me please let me know. And please don't just say "added". Tell me a little something about yourself and why you'd like to be friends.
Thanks! I look forward to getting to know some of you!