I'm 40 (a bit older than many people I see post here!) and a new nurse. I graduated from nursing school one year ago today, in fact! Graduated June '14 with an Associates in Nursing, took my state exam early July, and started at Washington State University to work toward my Bachelor's of Science in August. After finishing the brunt of my degree (I have two classes left in the fall), I landed my first nursey job two weeks ago. Tonight is my first night in my new schedule (6 pm to 6 am), so I shall truly be a night owl soon.
Other things about me:
- Never married, never had kids. I always seem to be focused more on my education or career (even prior to nursing).
- Played in a few bands around the Portland and Phoenix areas before switching my focus to science instead of art.
- Two topics I can discuss for hours: Doctor Who and Final Fantasy
- I'm an MMO geek (WoW, EQ, EQ2, SW:TOR, Rift, etc.) and/but have been rocking the Heroes of the Storm lately.
- I generally avoid political discussions, though I am pro choice, pro gay marriage, pro marijuana legalization (though I don't personally partake), pro science. This isn't to say that I will not be friends with those with differing views (for the most part - though to me basic human rights and equality for all is not a debate).
- I drive a "mom car" - an '02 Ford Taurus, which I have nerded out in decals depicting multiple nerderies: Doctor Who, Final Fantasy, Star Wars, Star Trek, Supernatural, Invader Zim, Sailor Moon, Harry Potter, etc.
- I day dream about at least putting in an aux cable so I don't have to make mixed CDs like it's 1999. In the meantime, the music with the highest rotation in my car: Sloan, Guster, Muse, The Hush Sound, and Harvey Danger.
- I am allergic to the sun and metal and a multitude of other things.
- During my time as a student, I developed a Hulu/Netflix habit, which I certainly foresee carrying over into my graveyard shifts, as so far, it feels weird to try to be productive around the house at 4 am.
- I heart just about anything Marvel related.
Welp, suppose I should get ready for work. Nice to meet you!