A few things:
- I'm a single, widowed mom of two girls. I'm 38.5 and I live in Las Vegas, NV. I'm a native of this city, and I consider it home. (I've lived quite a few other places)
- I don't update as often as I used to, but it is at least a few times a month, and more often, 2-3 times a week.
- I comment when I feel it's warranted or if I have something to contribute. I don't mind if people don't always comment. I'm more interested in people's updates. If you update as frequently as I do, that's gravy. Anything that goes longer than 6 months is probably going to be dropped. Sorry.
- While I consider myself an opinionated, passionate and intelligent person, I avoid things like debating politics and religion because doing so kinda sucks, no matter what you believe. I'm pretty much a Progressive Everything, and that's all subject to change the more I learn and understand things. And it's not up for debate. I do believe in the Judaeo-Christian God and I do go to church. That's about all you're going to get from me in that dept, though. You can believe and vote however you like. :)
- I like things like music, movies, and other specific bits of pop-culture. I still enjoy local shows, I still listen to my middle school 80s synth, I still watch my favorite shows from high school, (Northern Exposure, Twin Peaks), and I enjoy almost all forms of social media. Livejournal has always been my favorite.
- I've had my journal for almost 14 years. There are a lot of different phases of my life that I've written about over that time. Some of my ideal-isms are no where near the same as they were before. Like anyone else, I'm a human, just figuring stuff out. I respect your own version of the same process.
- I like to vent in my journal when I feel I need to. There's something validating about writing out what frustrates or scares me and letting people read it. Not so much for the sympathy factor, but more the idea that I'm not alone, and that someone might have wisdom or encouragement. I think that's the best part of the LJ community.
Feel free to add me if you are open-minded, non-judgmental and friendly. Please don't add me if you're a misogynist, a homophobe or a racist.
Have a great night! :)