Just turned 38. Female Lifelong Midwesterner (I've lived in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, and currently in Wisconsin) (have also lived in Colorado, Wyoming, Virginia and Maine) (also lived for a year in Pakistan).
Half Asian/Half Caucasian.
Mom of 3 amazingly hilarious daughters, wife to my high school bestie. Farmer to 12 crazy chickens. Host mom to exchange students on occaision.
Work in higher ed and love it immensely.
What I write about:
- My life, my struggles, things that get me through the day
- My blossoming chicken farming experiment (my fam has 12 chickens we are raising)
- Funny things my kids say or do (on occaision)
- My family tree research: finds/questions/ponderings
- The occaisional poem or talks about a book I've read maybe the odd movie review.
- Someone who is open-minded and willing to learn
- Someone who is accepting of all lifestyles
- Someone who is seeking for social justice in this crazy world
- Someone who believes in empowering and not tearing down
- Someone who uses humor to get through the day.
I'm not the greatest at always commenting on other journals, but many of the people I've met on here I've become FB friends or RL friends with. So I keep in touch.