I've posted before with my old username, and gotten some really interesting journals to read. So here I am again :) I'm looking for some variety in my flist. The title of this post is an Avenue Q song which pretty much sums up my life at the moment :3
Who am I? My name is Dasia, and I'm a freelance (read: unemployed) writer trying to find her feet after completing an Honours degree in English Literature. I live in South Africa, mostly because I can't leave (I am a stateless pirate!) and one day I'll live in Japan - not earthquakes nor tsunamis nor toxic waste in the tap water will stop me >:D A proper list of my interests (and a better photo) can be found at my original add_me
post, over yonder.
I like writing in brackets (which you've probably noticed) and I find it difficult to express myself without emoticons :O
My journal is mostly updates or rants about my life (or lack of it) and it will soon be full of photos because I'm about to get a phone that doesn't suck. I'm chubby, single, slightly nuts and I don't drive, so there may be some whining about that. I'm also smart, funny and charming (and HUMBLE) so I try to sex up the emo entries with wit or at least some sarcasm. Often I'll put the longer entries under a cut, so if you don't bother to click through, I'll never forgive you.
What I'm looking for in new friends:
- Someone who is non-judgmental, has a sense of humour, and doesn't take life too seriously.
- I'd love another token male on my flist!
- Probably reaching for the stars here, but a few South African friends would be awesome. I don't mind where you live though :3
- LGBTQI friends are also on my wishlist :) again, this isn't a prerequisite, but I'm bisexual and it'd be nice to read some non-straight journals.
- Someone who comments now and then, and posts now and then. No pressure, but I'd like to have some interaction between us.
- Someone with a decent grasp of the English language (it's okay if it's not your first language, but if you willingly write lYk diS... I'll delete you, and then I'll hunt you down, and I'll find you, and I'll make you apologize to the Chicago Manual of Style.) On this note, paragraph breaks are also good. If you use them, there's a much higher chance I'll read your entries.
And now, for the more interesting list: what I DON'T want xD
- If you describe yourself as an asshole or a bitch, and you think that makes you interesting, believe me, we won't get along.
- If you're a compulsive unsolicited advice-giver. Like if I whine about my weight, you'll tell me how many reps of glutoidinal squats to do at 5am every morning. Gee, thanks.
- If you post more than one picture without an lj cut, it makes my left eye twitch.
- If your posts go along the lines of "I'm smarter / cooler than everyone else, look what these dumbasses are doing" and then rant about what you saw on the local news. No1curr.
- If your journal is simply a non-reflective account of your movements throughout the week, like "So then Brad and I went to Jennifer's house and Miley was there and we saw Joanna for like a minute then she left and we went to a movie with Betty and Veronica who said that Jughead couldn't come because he had the flu."
- It's fine if you're totally in love with your significant other, but if your entire journal is about this particular relationship, It'll end up boring me.
- If you have intense issues like an eating disorder or self-harm, (especially if you post pictures related to this) I'm sorry, but I can't handle that. I'll get attached, then I'll stay up nights worrying about you if you don't post in a while. I'd like to avoid that kind of emotional stress.
So basically, I just want someone who enjoys thinking and writing about life, and uses their journal for some measure of introspection. And let's reserve the right to unfriend each other if we're not a good fit, no hard feelings.
So, friends? :)