This will probably be short, because I don't really feel like listing all the movies and bands I'm into and that sort of thing.
I'm in my early thirties. I had an LJ account for quite a while in undergrad, and stopped posting to it when several major things changed in my life and I started using Facebook more. I'm very disillusioned with that site now, but I didn't want to reopen my old journal, so I made a new one.
I was once a very religious, conservative, fundamentalist person. After some harsh life experiences, I'm no longer religious, though I'm very spiritual, and help to lead an interfaith discussion group weekly. I tend to avoid politics when I can, because they seem more like a sport than anything, but when it comes down to it I'm probably a left-leaning moderate. I have a very "geeky" job, but I'm not very interested in friending a bunch of twenty-somethings who bought an Atari at a garage sale when they were little and didn't realize when "nerd culture" became "pop culture".
My major hobby is probably photography, model/portrait/cosplay photography in particular. Always looking for opportunities to do that.
Most of my entries will be actual journaling - writing about real-life issues that are on my mind, or things buzzing in the back of my head. Venting. I'm specifically looking for people who will comment on my entries and get some dialogue going. I will comment on your entries when something comes to mind about them as well.
I'm a long-time LJ user. I've just started a new journal and I'm looking for new friends.
A little about me:
- I'm 29 and married to the love of my life. We are currently trying to conceive our first child.
- I am a Christian and my faith is central to everything else in my life. I serve at our church through leading mission trips, local community outreaches, and leading worship.
- I love to cook and I'm constantly experimenting with new cuisines and ingredients.
- I am primarily vegan/vegetarian for health reasons. I'm trying to wean myself more to the vegan side, but I still use little bits of meat or cheese for flavor.
- I'm interested in natural living, and try to omit as many chemicals and unneeded/unhealthy substances from my home as I can ... but this too is a work in progress :)
- I'm self-employed, but currently looking for something that will be a little more stable with the workload (and paychecks!)
- I'm a big fan of Doctor Who, Downton Abbey, Who Do You Think You Are, The Office, Star Wars, X Men, and competitive cooking shows like Chopped and Iron Chef.
- I love to travel.- when I can afford to. : )
My journal will basically be about day-to-day life. Maybe a few recipes that I liked here or there.
Politics usually don't make their way into my journal much.
Status: Happily married for 19 years to my best friend
Location: South Florida
Children: Two children, Daughter is 22 and Son is 17
Hobbies: Couponing, Gardening
More about me: I'm looking for new friends. I'm new to LJ within the last week. I use to blog at Yahoo 360 before it shut down and then moved to Multiply. We were just told that Multiply is closing down in December so I have found my new home here at LJ.
I blog about daily life, sometimes the good, sometimes the bad, sometimes the silly. :) Love spending time with my family. I have a dog and a cat. I love animals & nature!
If you think we have anything in common let me know and add me.
So, today, after a jamming sex session with my 5 supermodel girlfriends and David Coverdale of Whitesnake fame, I sat on the corner of my 200 square foot waterbed and thought to myself, "Self, you ain't nobody til you have a fucking blog." At first I disagreed with myself, but I am easily intimidated, so I finally made the decision to start a fucking blog. I sauntered on over to my diamond studded V8 500 horse powered golf cart and had my chauffeur drive me across the Arctic Tundra to the office that I keep my 28 million dollar supercomputer that Bill Gates personally built for me, and decided to search for a good site to start posting my inane, cocaine-fueled ramblings for the world to drool over.
Feel free to follow me on this blog. Follow me, and we shall walk together down the rainbow road of love on a magical journey of self-discovery, adventure, and hopefully the most perverted and offensive acts of lust and deprivation that one creature can enact upon another. Also, yodeling. I fucking love yodeling.
With the minimal requirement of love and something resembling respect,