My name's Fawn (Fawndolyn for 'short'). I'm 32, living with my boyfriend in Rochester, NY (home of such things as Kodak film & George Eastman, the National Museum of Play, Susan B. Anthony, the Top-Free Seven, and the Garbage Plate).
I don't post every day, but I'm trying to post more (enticed myself to do such by getting a paid account, just the other day).
Things I tend to post about:
- travels (just went to NYC, going to Toronto next month)
- art (I draw, paint, and take photos, among other things)
- music (chiefly Voltaire, Dionysos, Sisters of Murphy, and Bella Morte, three of which are friends - I also like Emilie Autumn, Tchaikovsky, The Mountain Goats, any Stephin Merritt project, The Pillows, Malice Mizer, Apocalyptica, Parov Stellar, old-timey music, Rasputina, Caravan Palace, and lots more)
- comics (I have friends in the business, plus I try my hand at my own. Favourites are Transmetropolitan, Wet Moon, Fables, Fairest, Courtney Crumrin, Sandman, The Maxx, Saga, Y The Last Man, assorted webcomics, and more)
- my personal projects (I draw, sew, make steampunk jewelry, attempt to draw comics, and try to write stuff, just to list a few)
- work (I'm in student tech support at the community college, I make websites for artists, and sell handmade jewelry & buttons)
- movies (though I tend to keep reviews on my Letterboxd account. Favs are Scott Pilgrim, The Dead Inside, Lo, Heavenly Creatures, An American Haunting, Weirdsville, Malice in Wonderland, and more)
- books (again, reviews kept elsewhere, on my Goodreads account. Favourite authors include Warren Ellis, Kelly Thompson, Terry Pratchett, Ray Bradbury, Vladimir Nabokov, Irvine Welsh, Chuck Palahniuk, Laurie Notaro, and my top 3 books are Lord of the Flies, 1984, and Lolita)
- hanging out with friends
- adventures (I'm an urban explorer)
- and on occasion, bitch-fest'ing.
Other things about me - I like veg'ing out in front of the tv with tea, I have depression (but I only mention it in passing, with the occasional afformentioned bitch-fest), I'm pro-choice, pro-equality, I toggle between atheism and agnostic, I'm fat and trying to lose weight, I like to dress in Lolita, Goth, and Steampunk, I secretly dread going out to socialize, but crave it and never regret it, I used to be a human guinea pig, I have had 3 best friends and 2 boyfriends die, have 3 prison pen-pals (as well as a number of other pen-pals around the world), I'm trying to learn French (can read it, can't pronounce for shit, though), I swear a lot, I love cartoons, I'm bisexual/pansexual, I love getting my hands dirty, I've never been arrested, and my work station at home is a disaster.
Really, the best way to find out of we're gonna rock a new friendship is to go forth and view my journal (it's hardly friends-only).
So... Wanna be super-special LiveJournal Friends(tm)?